Last modified: 7/24/2017
Information Collection and Use
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 without verification of parental consent. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Platform or on or through any of its features/register on the Platform, make any purchases through the Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Platform or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the information below under “How to contact Us,” and we will take reasonable steps to delete the child’s information from our active databases.
Information We Collect About you and How We Collect It
We collect several types of Information from and about users of our Platform, including information:
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform and usage details.
- By which you may be personally identified. “Personal Information” means information that can be directly associated with a specific person (and includes Health Information). When you register or update your information on our Platform, we collect Personal Information including your:
- first and last name,
- e-mail address,
- Phone number
- Social media handles
- year of birth,
- geographic location, including your zip code.
If you are a healthcare provider, during registration you will be asked to provide information regarding your professional qualifications as well as other Personal Information.
Information collected from doctors and health care providers may include:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Language preference
- Usage statistics/ data
During registration or subsequently, you may choose to use certain features of the Platform that will allow you to input other Personal Information with respect to your health, such as the medications you take, the date of your prescription, the number of refills you have made, how often you take your medication, the frequency you would like us to send you reminders to take your medication, whether you take your medication, your doctor’s name and the name of your pharmacy (“Health Information”). We will send you reminders to take your medications in accordance with this information, and alert you to your compliance score in comparison to other anonymous users.
If you are a healthcare provider using the Platform to invite individuals under your supervision to use the Platform, you agree not to include any Personal Information about you or your professional qualifications in the text of these invitations. We may also use your Personal Information in order to provide you with personalized third party content or links to third party sites that might interest you, as part of the feed on the Platform. We provide this third party content and/or links to third party sites for information purposes only and are not liable for such content or sites.
We collect this information
- Directly from you when you provide it to use.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Health information may be collected from what a user provides us and automatic collection technologies including:
- Adherence behavior, such as daily treatment when a user is taking their medication
- Platform usage information
- Self-reported adverse effect data
- User chats with a supporter
Healthcare systems will have the ability to integrate into our system with a much broader range of data sharing, including comprehensive medical records. Medical records may be uploaded into the Platform.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect may include:
- Information you provide while filling in forms on our Platform. This includes information provided at the time registering to use the products. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses, and phone calls), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your responses to reminders to take your medication.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Platform, or transmitted to other users of the Platform or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your use and visit to the Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Platform and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Platform and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Platform.
- To properly carry out the purpose of the Platform.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may analyze all information we receive and/or combine your Personal Information, including Health Information and information regarding your use of the Platform, with information from other users to create aggregated data that may be disclosed to and utilized by us, our affiliates and by third parties without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion for purposes of content marketing, for research purposes, in order to understand behavior patterns and in order to increase adherence to medication regimens.
- If you are a Patient, to your Provider, its Designees and Authorized Caregivers, without further authorization for purposes of treatment, payment or operations; for other uses or disclosures permitted by law; or for purposes related to such uses or disclosures.
- If you are an Authorized Caregiver, to the Patient and his/her Provider and that Provider’s Designees.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to the].
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide us.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Please note that some parts of the Platform may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
You can view and edit your preferences about the ads shown to you, and opt out of third-party marketing.
At any time, you can stop the collection of your information by ceasing to use the Platform. You may also request that your Personal Information be deleted from our active databases. We cannot restore information that we have deleted. You are responsible for backing up the data that you store on the Platform. We may retain any data in non-identified form, subject to applicable law.
You may contact us as specified below under “How to Contact Us” to access information that we keep about you or update or correct such information or ask for its deletion. We will retain your information for as long as you continue to use our Platform and for a reasonable period of time afterwards.
You have the right to object to direct marketing.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change some of your Personal Information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is securely stored. Your name, emails, any payment transactions, and health information will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers or servers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.